If you are planning to launch a business venture in your local community, you obviously want maximum exposure and effective branding strategies to create an identity that people know and trust. While the entire world has gone digital, there are still cost-effective ways to promote a small business, as listed below.
- Auto stickers– There’s no better way to put your name and logo out there; you can buy stickers online in Australia and have them designed by a graphic artist. Handing these out at shopping malls and your customers will set things in motion and ask your employees to stick a few on their vehicles. No other strategy is going to get such an insane number of views and the number keeps going upon a daily basis! Use company colours and design something with impact
- Leaflets & brochures – Never underestimate the power of the printed word, the more you hand out, the more chances of someone needing your product/service. Talk to a local print shop owner, who has the design capabilities to help you create a dynamic flyer. Local community events are the ideal time to hand out flyers, which is a reminder that your business is always ready.
- Social media – One of the most powerful marketing avenues, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can all host rich content that will gain you a following. If you have the time, prepare quality content to post on a daily basis and always reply to comments. Join local community social media groups, while also taking advantage of Facebook Marketing (on the left side of your page); you can boost a post to reach thousands of feeds based on your criteria selection. Every man and his dog have a Facebook account, so this is a great way to get your message out there. Click here for a guide on how to build a digital business.
- Local podcasts– Local radio stations usually have a podcast section in the afternoon, while there are many YouTubers who interview local business owners. Everyone has a story to tell and local people would love to know how your business came about; if you are not comfortable doing this, maybe a senior employee could be the front? This is an often-overlooked method to promote a small business, if you have an interesting story, maybe the local newspaper would do a feature.
- Labels – Custom labels can be added to product packaging to help with branding; search online for an Australian sticker company and they can design and print as many as you wish. There is a range of materials used to make stickers and labels; vinyl, paper and transparent, with adhesive backing if required. Seasonal labels are a great idea and why not personalise for new customers?
If you take some time and consider the many ways to market your new business, you can come up with a comprehensive plan to launch your brand within the local community. Every strategy comes together to create the right impression and as your business grows, so will your marketing strategies.